Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Assessment and Taxation

Simplified Entertainment Funding Tax

The purpose of the Entertainment Funding Tax is to provide a source of funding for the arts and culture in the City of Winnipeg.

The Entertainment Funding Tax applies to any venue hosting a performance with a ticket price of $5.00 or more for the following venues:

  • Entertainment facilities with a fixed seating capacity of 5,000 seats or larger; and
  • For-profit cinemas of all sizes

Amount of Tax:

Every person attending the above noted places of amusement must, for every attendance at that place of amusement to view an amusement, pay a tax in the amount of 10% of the admission price. The tax amount is added to the cost of the ticket.

Remittance of Tax:

Where a taxable place of amusement is continuously operated, the owner must, on or before the sixth day of a month, remit the tax that has been collected upon the admissions for the previous month. If the place of amusement is not continuously operated, the owner must, on or before the Thursday of the week following the amusement, remit the tax that has been collected upon admissions to the taxable place of amusement.

Remittances should be submitted to:

The City of Winnipeg
Assessment & Taxation Department
457 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1B5

List of taxable venues:

  • Bell MTS Place
  • Investors Group Field
  • Shaw Park
  • Movie Theatre Cinemas

Simplified Entertainment Funding By-law No. 125/2006.

Last update: January 20, 2020

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.