Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux
Assessment and Taxation

In-person interior residential property inspections are resuming effective September 7, 2021. Inspections will continue to be offered to be completed through photos or via phone.

Assessment & Taxation’s front counter at 457 Main St. is closed until further notice.

A public access terminal has been relocated to 510 Main Street (Susan A. Thompson Building) for public use from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, for the duration of the closure of 457 Main Street.

Payment Frequently Asked Questions

When are your taxes due?

Your tax statement states the “due date”, but it is usually the last working day of May for Business Tax and the last working day of June for Property tax.

Is there any reason to pay early?

Yes. If you pay your business and/or property taxes in January or February, you get a small discount – but the discount decreases the longer you wait. The annual discount rate is revised annually based on the current market trends.

What happens if your taxes are late?

For 2021, the due date remains June 30th for Property Taxes and May 31st for Business Taxes, however to provide some assistance to owners that may need it, City Council has approved an option to defer tax payments without penalty for a period of three months from the respective due dates. Please see the current penalty rate structure for details.

If you have not received your tax bill, you must still pay your taxes by either the due date or the deferred dates of September 30, 2021 for Property Taxes or August 31, 2021 for Business taxes. After those dates, penalties will be applied at the prevailing rates, as reflected on the current penalty rate structure.

Please notify the City’s Assessment and Taxation Department if you have not received a tax bill by contacting 311 or toll free toll free 1-877-311-4974.

You may also email

What if your taxes go into arrears?

If you owe back taxes, your payment goes to pay your arrears and penalties before this year’s taxes.

If your property taxes are not paid for more than two years, the City has a legal right to start processing your property toward a tax sale. During this process taxes, penalties and fees you owe keep accumulating. Very few properties are actually sold for taxes unless they are worth less than the taxes and fees owed.

If your business taxes are not paid on or before the due date the City will start the collection process as per The City of Winnipeg Charter and may include the issuance of a distress warrant.

How can you pay your taxes?

The City of Winnipeg offers many convenient ways to pay your Property and/or Business Taxes. These include:

  • Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP)
  • Online payment
  • At your bank and Credit Union
  • Mail
  • Courier
  • In Person at 510 Main Street - via cheque, bank draft, debit, and cash. Credit Cards are not accepted for in –person payment of Property Taxes and not accepted for Business Tax payments.
  • In Person at 170 Goulet Street (Bilingual Service Centre) – via cheque, bank draft, debit, and cash. Credit Cards are not accepted for in-person payment of Property Taxes and not accepted for Business Tax payments.
  • After Hours Drop off at 510 Main Street, at the James Avenue entrance, nearest to King Street.
  • Prepayment

Additional information regarding payment options, including online credit card payment of Property Taxes.

Important Reminders:

If you have not received your tax bill, please e-mail us at or call 311 or toll free 1-877-311-4974. Please note that even if you have not received a property tax bill in your name, you are still required to pay taxes on your property.

A monthly penalty will be added to any unpaid balance. Please refer to Penalties and Charges for further information.

Last update: November 12, 2021

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.